Saturday, April 21, 2007

Nothing like finding a great buy!

Nope nothing like it. I've searched online for one of those tiered basket racks. You know the type you might see in some yarn stores,,,filled with delicious yarns?

Well after trying on Ebay, Craiglist, stores online, specialty basket sites,,I come up with nada! The closest I actually found one was thru JC Penny,, but that one was rectangular and while it was on sale,, was close to $50!

Well I guess it pays to sign up for sale notices from Joanns, Michaels, and AC Moore. In a sale that started last Sunday,,,I checked out the sale flyer,,,,, and I saw it!!! It was exactly what I was looking for!

It looks so pretty!



And it was listed as a sale item for only $26.88. A 50" 3 tier basket stand. And its mine, finally! So I finally had the chance to put it together today. 5 minutes, 4 screws and 6 pieces later it was done!

Only thing I didn't like about it, and it's real easy to overlook, is that the liner part is coconut fiber. I guess it's meant more for use as a planter than for yarn. A quick fix tho. Had a few bandana's, which so far are lining the 2 top baskets.

Sooo,,, as I try to get my spare room in order since I'm off this week (vacation? whats a vacation?) I at least have this nice little knick knack to stick in the corner of the room for when its done. For now its next to hubby's recliner,, so he has something to throw a nasty gaze at.

PS So far I've been good this week, I didnt buy any yarn,,,, yet. Someone grant me the strength when I go to Rumpelstiltskins in Sayville tomorrow for the Llama shearing, lol.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 10:02 AM, Blogger LaBean said...

I hope you have a good time at the llama shearing. *evil grin* I hope you have the strength to carry home everything you want to buy! LOL
/me ducks and runs.

 
At 2:55 PM, Blogger shiarah said...

That basket stand is too cute! Hmm... You might be getting something more to fill it with soon! :D

Have fun with the llamas!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home