Sunday, October 15, 2006

Can one person ever have enough?

Well I ran to Michael's for there yarn sale. Went to really get a book and one or two skeins of yarn,,, but,,, that never happens. I did get a book and had a coupon for 40% off, which is good,,,, but I ended up walking out of the store with 4 shopping bags of which was 99% Woolease,,with a few balls of other yarn that was on sale. My time off is turning into a Yarn Vacation if nothing else!


I was checking out blogs online, knitting of course and came across this . Can we say their face recognition program has a lot to be desired? I thought for sure Roseanne would have been one of the photos popping up.


I should only hope to look more like these women!

Another pic I wanted to show was what I am not driving for the next TWO WEEKS!!! This means so much to me right now. With being on the job for almost 6 full years, this is the first time I've been able to take 2 weeks off in a row. So with that I am saving.

1. 3 hours a day traveling time, to and from work,,, for a total of 21 hours a week,, 42 hours for the 2 weeks I'm off.

2. 75 miles traveling one way, 150 miles a day, 750 miles a week,, grand total 1500 miles that I dont have to drive for 2 weeks. And thats without the daily driving I do on my bus normally every single day.

Oh, and my bus. For those not in the know, here's a pic of what I normally drive. Btw,,, I can park and back up this baby better and easier than I can my little VW.



The amazing thing is all the other drivers out there. You would think they would be somewhat wary around a vehicle thats 40 feet long, and weighs about 8 tons empty. But no,,, I get people making right turns from the left side of my bus, passengers getting out and walking in front of my bus as I proceed to leave a bus stop. I mean, do people really have that little common sense? I guess in today's "Me" world,,, they really dont.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home