Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Icky stuff and yummy stuff!

I'll do the yummy stuff first! Since my child from hell is off this week from school,, after calling him earlier to get the mail and asking him if I got anything,, I got his usual answer. Nope Mom,, you got nothing. Well,,, after an exhausting drive home,,, I got this! My first package from my SP!



I couldn't wait to tear into it. Talk about being psyched!

First thing I opened was this adorable little Valentines box!



Filled with a bunch of decadent looking Chocolates! Since I am watching my carbs for pending medical,,, I'll probably have one each nite starting tomorrow nite.

Here are all the lovely things my SP surprised me with!



Starting from the left a Mudslide Lip Balm (think like the Bonne Belle ones), I simply love these things! And its funny I just picked one up in Hersheys Chocolate flavor too (cant have enough lip balm while driving a bus, I'll tell ya!) To the right of the lip balm is a heart shaped tin of Sugar Free mints. Love the tin. Says Shut up and Kiss me on it. Hysterical! Above that is a packet of Bigelow Lemon Body Cream,,,and the top is an assortment of teas! Theres Tazo Chai (love Chai), Pickwick Berry tea (Mmmm berries) and Chamomile tea (That I need very much to soothe my frazzled nerves after driving - or dealing with the HELLCHILD!!!) To the right of the Shut up and Kiss me mints is a very large tube of Bath and Bodyworks Freesia body cream. Now my SP def has me pegged,, Freesia's are my most favorite flower! Cant wait to try it in about 15 mins! Now to the right of the Freesia is a truly lovely very Valentiney skein of Artyarns Ultramerino 6 in colorway 115,,, you cant get anymore closer to Valentine colors than that! And its soooo soft,,, I am simply loving it and petting it to death! All this followed by a very lovely letter from my SP telling me the Chocolates are Sugar Free,, and that more fibery fun is yet to come!

Hmmmmmm perhaps I will have one of those chocolates to nibble on as I sit in my bed,,, playing touchy feely with my skein. Oh yes,, for those that want to know. Yes I am a Yarn Pervert!

Now the Icky stuff!

For the past few days I have been sick as a dog with a very nice bout of Bronchitis. Went sick last Thursday,after I had driven all the way and paid the toll to get to work. I was able to see my Dr. in Brooklyn prior to going home,, so with the help of antibiotics and heavy duty cough suppressent pills AND thanks to the holiday I've been home resting for 5 days. But the damage was already done. I have been coughing so badly all last week,,,now not that my throat hurt at all, it didnt, but I've no VOICE! I am officially squeaking! Gave me plenty of time to spin and knit. And watch TV. And DVD's. And drink lots and lots and lots of tea! I made Calorimetry from Knitty,, but forgot to take a pic so that will follow. Came out nice tho. All done up in Manos in a blueish/teal color. But I did spin,, and spinning I did, lol.

I went from this



to this



to this!



I had the 2 bobbins of singles which I Navahoe Plyed,, and I think it came out much better than my first skein that I Navahoed, which is here



Tho I really like the colors better on this first skein. Its some of the massive shipment of the superwash that I ordered,, that I carded with my dog brushes and spun up. Actually my 2nd attempt on my Lendrum (LOVE LOVE LOVE MY LENDRUM!!!)

So short of this,, I am back to work as of yesterday, lol. Thank god there isnt school,, its been sort of light and I hope it stays that way the rest of the week!

Oh I also received prior to the weekend my bag for my Lendrum,, and still have my credit to deal with due to its delivery mishap,, I see handcarders in my future. That and the possibility of a hackle set that I just found online yesterday at a really awesome price! If I keep going like this, hubby might have to move me to the cottage out back (not that I wouldnt mind that!)

3 Comments:

At 9:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray, I'm glad you like your goodies! But I'm sorry you've been so sick. :( I'm sending you healing vibes right now, can you feel them? *whoooooooosh* Hopefully some of that chamomile will help your poor throat!

Meanwhile, you can ponder what goodies I'm collecting for your next package. I've been ebaying my little heart out, and am eyeing Etsy next! (Um, I might have picked out a few things for myself, too. ;) You also might get something special made by yours truly...

Gorgeous handspun, by the way! That mauvey-purple color is just delicious.

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger LICraftgal said...

Great stuff Nancy!! By the way I LOVE the yarn and what are you going to make with all that wonderful yardage??
Kelly

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger LaBean said...

GOT DAMMIT! It was YOU! :) I've been sick with Bronchitis this week too.. *evil grin*. You did it! Hope you're up to speed for work Monday! Me too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home