Thursday, February 14, 2008

V is for Valentine's Day.

How fitting. I spent most of today trying to reach a woman that works at my cardiologist's office,, trying to find out if she had the Dr fill out the one itty bitty sheet of paper that I needed for my medical re-check for tomorrow. After calling her several times, and being told "she's in with the dr's right now", "I'll have her call you back as soon as she's available", etc etc. I dont get a call back. At all. Instead I tried calling one last time after 5pm, thinking I would get the Dr's service. Nope, I got the person I needed. Who then proceeded to tell me that the Dr had my paper, doesnt know if he filled it out. Or better yet, if he didnt, she doesnt know if he'll be in the actual office tomorrow. My chest actually hurts today. Nothing like November mind you,, but still an annoying "thingie" feeling. Not that I expect to be put back to full duty as of tomorrow (yeah right), but it would have been nice to have what I needed especially when hubby made sure the paper was in the Dr's office last Tuesday.

So Between this nonsense, and just thinking of today. Heartwise at least,,,knowing my heart is not 100% of what it should be. That it will never ever be whole again. Thats me in a nutshell,, I'm damaged goods. Guess I'll live to see another V-day. I have too. I have way too many bills to pay, sigh.

But this past week was a good week for knitting. Had my usual meetup with the ladies at Starbucks on Saturday. Sunday, I was invited with a few others, to another knitting friend's place for a few hours! So the weekend at least was sheer knitting heaven as far as I was concerned.

After the Superbowl last week,,,and my El Capitan,,, I knew I was going to make another one. Which I did last week Thursday and Friday! Saturday just had to make the little cross strip for the brim and sew the buttons and ends in,, I was wearing it Saturday night!

P1010293

Hat is comfy,, but definitely had more give that the first one I made. I think I have to tighten it up somehow.

I love this tho. When button searching,, I knew I wanted a silver toned one this time for this color hat. What did I find?

These!

P1010296

Is this the funkiest little button you ever saw? On Sunday, when I wore the hat,,,I was asked "Did I weld quarters onto the buttons on the hat?". I thought it was hysterical, but hey,, it makes the cap different, thats for sure!


Anyway for that Sunday I wanted to bring something different to work and knit on. I had just gotten some Cascade 220 on sale and had 2 skeins of a muted heathered purple color,,, and since I am such a glutton for punishment, I decided to attempt the Forest Canopy Shawl yet again. I gave my homespun a rest,, since I have to frog it anyway. Karen (Cooknknit) was there Sunday,, and gave me some help. I just dont know what it is everytime I attempt lace. I fuck it up. It can be the most simple pattern and I screw it up. Well I had a bad moment or two (or three, lol) that Karen fixed up for me, and then I gave it a break for the rest of the night.

The following day (or so), I had been talking to Tamara (of Beancast fame!) about this, and she seem shocked that I wasnt following the charts for the pattern. I mean its an 8 row lace pattern,, of which WS rows are purls. So you figure how badly could I have messed up 4 rows? Apparently,,,enough, lol. And this is with writing out the pattern onto index cards (4 pattern rows-4 index cards). I am somehow Lace Dsylexic. Sigh. I decide to bite the bullet and give the chart a shot. I mean we're not talking a zillion stitches,,, or a zillion rows. I couldnt screw up anymore than I had already right?

P1010286

I had to post this one slightly larger. Its lace! Simple pattern but its Lace! Again thank you Karen and Tamara for helping me out, even if it seemed like not much on your end. I'm not letting this go to my head of course (no "Wings of the Moth" for me just yet!), but the fact its working and doing what its supposed to. Or that I am doing what I am supposed too! Guess its gonna be charts for me for now on!

Seeing this and how it is working out, is all my poor little heart needs at this point to feel good. And do a good pitter patter!

So I'm going to go sip my glass of red wine now,, get my stuff ready for medical tomorrow. Either they put me back to work restricted (with no work at my depot) or (hopefully???) I might be home for at least another month? I'm keeping my fingers crossed, lol, hubby is off next week. Plus I've got my guild meeting on Wednesday!

Either way, next post might involve some drumcarding. Details to follow!

1 Comments:

At 9:43 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Oh hon, we're all damaged goods in one way or another...

I'm sorry I couldn't hang w/y'all Sunday. Hopefully next time.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you tomorrow!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home