Friday, February 01, 2008

Drumroll please,,,,,,With actual knitting content!

Ok, so after some 7-8 yrs of off and on knitting,,, potchkering here and there,,,starting projects (socks 3 times already) and never finishing them, save for the one lone sock from last summer I can proudly present to you.

MY FIRST PAIR OF COMPLETED SOCKS!!!!

Are we still standing? Did anyone keel over from the immense meaning of that one said statement?

PROOF YOU WANT??? PROOF YOU WILL GET!!!

magicloopsocks

Ok lets forget now that they are in 2 different colors. Forget that they were done for a small child (my niece Kylie, who is 4 years old and begged me to make her some socks!). I dont give a flying fuck at this point! THEY ARE DONE! TWO AT THE SAME TIME!

Gawd help me,, lol I think I'm gonna have another heart attack from this one miniscule event, lmao!

Ok advice now,, this done and out of the way. I am going to attempt to make a pair of socks for me alone. Toying with the idea of Monkeysocks, since I've never attempted anything other than stockinette. I also have a beautiful skeins of ,,,Sea Wool in Hercules,,, some Lorna's Laces 3 different colors worth! 2 loverly skeins of Araucania Ranco and of course, my Schaffer Anne.

Any advice offered will be graciously considered!

5 Comments:

At 4:29 PM, Blogger LaBean said...

Monkey is a fairly straightforward patterned sock. You should be able to do this. But I need colorways... Let me see what you got!

 
At 11:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats lady! I love mismatched socks, and have seriously considered making all my socks as such. I havent' but for now I'm known to wear mismatched all the time. How you been doing?

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger spinndiva said...

YAYYYYY!!!! Congratulations!

Oh for the advice: Never take any advice from me ;)

just go for it! You can always make another pair...

 
At 2:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty... love the playfulness of two different colors!

 
At 10:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kylie wants to know when she can have her socks. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home