Wednesday, February 06, 2008

The Little Creature that could!

Or I guess you could call this that. I was checking out mail at one point this afternoon,,, as I was in and out of the house running errand all day. I glance out the bay window where my comp is and I see the big fat racoon, just lumbering by, climbing up the step of my back deck, and then going down the stairs of what used to be the pool.

I was in shock,, since I do know all too well that racoons are nocturnal. And that if you see one during the day,, to stay clear away, as it is a sign that it might be sick or infected with rabies. Did I stay away? Well I gave it a minute, grabbed my cell phone (camera batteries where dead, damnit) and slipped out my sliders to the back to see where the little bastard went.

Now I was just curious,, I dont want them hurt or trapped or anything like that, but there's been a family of these critters that just love climbing up to my bedroom balcony,,,, onto my roof, running around like their doing their little racoon Indy 500 over my head. That and how those itty bitty paws can be so destructive,, as the siding to the back of the cottage behind my house will attest too. I wont even begin to say how damn loud they are when the weather is nice enough to have our bedroom windows open,, to have them screeching and chattering away when your trying to sleep.

Anyway again I digress. Here's the pic of the ungrateful bastard, lol. I apologize for the blurryness and this was as close up as I could get with my PDA. You can see its little ringed tail,, and on the right side you can just about make out its head.

Ah, nature!

Racoon

2 Comments:

At 7:05 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Oh man, I can't stand racoons!

 
At 12:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

we had a whole posse of them on our deck one night. The cat saw them from the patio door and pitched a fit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home